I thought that instead of preparing a summary of November and December fashion posts, I would prepare a summary of all 2017 fashion posts. To begin, I would like to explain something that I should have done previously, but given that it is two years since I started blogging, it is better later than never;). The posts, that I call “fashion posts”, are not really about fashion, but are about my personal fashion style. I would rather tend to describe myself as being a half step behind fashion trends, as I do not follow trends closely but I do want to know what is more or less going on there.
I know the rules, so I know how to dress to impress and to look great BUT…well, let me quote what I wrote in my most popular posts “Dressing a big bust” (here):
“In summary, I will keep repeating myself: try it on, try it on, and again try it on! I don’t know about you, but I would go crazy if I had to obey all the YES rules all the time. Frankly speaking, I sometimes wear clothes that make me look bigger (you can see this in some of the fashion posts in Style/Outfits category). But I don’t care, if that is the way I like it. Let’s not go rule crazy 😉”
And I can also add, that some women (generally speaking) are too often attached to one size, and they become kind of slaves to the size. In my opinion, there is no one appropriate size of clothes. Just choose the size in which you feel comfortable and feel good. Everything depends on the cut, circumstances and also your mood on the specific day. That is generally what I do and it makes me feel great! I feel free!
Photos Robert Bajkowski
Above you can see elements of my personal style:
• I like classic cuts and I love colors because they make me happy.
• I love colorful shoes and bags.
• I love scarves, shawls and neckerchiefs. I love accessories and I am a bit crazy about them.
• I love knitting sweaters and scarves and I wear them proudly.
• I stay away from black (especially around the face) because black doesn’t make me happy.
• I wear dresses and skirts more often than trousers.
• I like 7/8 length trousers and I don’t care that it makes my legs look shorter. As I am tall and I have long legs, the most important factor for me is how I feel in my clothes, and I don’t care if anyone criticizes that.
• Oh my, it is so great that I decided to have a new haircut and now my hair is much shorter! And it is also so great that I let my grey hair grow (they are nicely mixed with a greyish dye because I wanted to get rid of the yellowish tone of my blond hair). A long time ago I had a very short hair (2 cm), and I didn’t feel good. So it took me 3 years to let them grow back, and since then, I have had this irrational animosity towards short hair. And it came out that it was completely foolish, because I love my short bob. I feel like I have a new, fresh energy with this hairstyle! Sometimes old habits are not good for us. My natural hair is curly-wavy and puffy. I have been trying to straighten and control this for almost my entire life, with only a modicum of success. And with this new hairstyle, it is so easy to look neat, feel good, and I just like it
My TOP 5 favorite outfits are:
The truth is that you can see only a small portion of my personal style. You will find more on my Instagram – just click the IG icon in the upper right-hand corner of the blog menu.
And to finish, two quotes included in my post “7 rules to build your wardrobe” (here) that appeal to me, and that I always did intuitively (the quotes are from Trish Jett’s book “Forever Chic”):
„…Chic has nothing to do with a closet full of luxury, top designer clothes(…), chic has nothing to do with being wealthy.
Chic is an eclectic combination of expensive and inexpensive, new and old clothes, paired in a way that reflects a woman’s personality, i.e. her style”.
„Putting too much effort causes that a woman doesn’t feel confident. (…) It’s not about the clothes that make a woman stylish – it’s a woman who makes the clothes elegant. It’s all about the way she moves, talks, wears delicate make up, has a great haircut and a good hair color. It’s a combination of details that gives the effect of elegance.”
In summary, It is worth listening to yourself and your heart, and to dress in the way you feel like dressing. In this way, you will find your own, unique personal style. On the other hand, is it necessary to have a personal style? No, and that is also ok 😉
Please, don’t forget to click on the heart at the end of this post if you liked it – anyone can do it – you don’t have to register at all 🙂
The comment section is at the end of the post, I love reading all your comments and would love to read what you think of this post! Tell me in the comments here, or on my FB fanpage.