I am in a philosophical mood again. Some time ago I wrote a post : 15 things to give up to if you want to be happy” (here). The truth is that those things are difficult for some people to implement and they need a few years of effort.
The question is: What can you do to cheer yourself up quickly and easily? I am talking about small pleasures that are immediately available.
HERE IS MY LIST OF INSTANT CHEER UPS:
- Listen to your favorite music.
- Eat/drink something you like. You can prepare a very tasty ginger drink that will warm you up (look at the pictures)
- Sing something and don’t worry if you sing out of tune. I sing terribly but I always sing when I feel like doing it.
- Call your best friend and/or make an appointment to have a cup of coffee with her.
- Take a nap – it really helps!
- Plan your vacation. „Visit” interesting places via Google Earth and immerse yourself in a fantasy world.
- Watch your favorite movie (for me works: “Mamma Mia”, “Notting Hill” and “Love Actually”) or cartoons. (for example I love: „Cars”, „The Lion King” and “Finding Nemo”).
- Go outside for a walk or go biking.
- Play a musical instrument if you can.
- Buy some flowers and arrange them nicely in a vase.
- Look at your old pictures – I can guarantee you a lot of laughs!
I could write a lot more things that can cheer you up, but generally it’s all about finding joy in small pleasures. Don’t wait for your happiness, create it yourself!
What are your ways to beat the blues? What would you add to this list? Tell me in the comments section here, or on my FB fanpage
P.S. Like this post? You might also enjoy the section LIFESTYLE/ LIFE ADVICE